Saturday, October 20, 2007

Somebody to Love

I think Dane Cook's "Cry" sketch adequately describes the past three days for me. He talks about how sometimes everyone gets to a certain point where, whatever's going on in your life, you just need a good cry. It's just something we all need, and we're so funny about crying, like it's a huge deal. I hate people seeing me cry. Well, I mean, it's really messy and makes you vulnerable because you temporarily don't have a handle on things for that period of time while you're crying, and I like to be in control of a situation.

I got about as far as my friend's parking lot, and, I honestly couldn't tell you what it was... I think it was just a culmination of things that had gone unresolved over the past few months just started wearing down on me in a way that I couldn't fight back anymore, and I just knew that if I went into my friend's apartment, I was going to start bawling. So I called and told my friend to come down to the car, and that's when I just broke down. I think what I needed (and what everyone needs at a certain point) was just to have someone hold me, and tell me that I'm beautiful (in a genuine sense), and that everything is going to be okay.

And I think the most incredible part of a friendship is being able to truly and honestly love someone. I think in a relationship that it gets a little distorted, but with a friendship, if they're a true friend, you always know that they'll be there whether or not you look attractive that day or fulfill their sexual needs. They'll just be there for you as a person, and as you truly are. I am really glad that, at least if I can't figure everything else out right now, I have that.

No comments: